Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Top Ten tuesdays

Top Ten Tuesday
Ten Books I want to read in November. I am sorry this is a little late but I got inspiration from Katie at Katie’s book blog. She had sixteen books (I believe) that she wanted to read in November which inspired me to do a TTT post.  I am going to try to do a TTT for the ten books I would like to read in a month. I probably will not get through all of them but I think it will be a good goal to set for myself.

1) Perfect Chemistry
I’ve read some awesome reviews on this book and it is one I have been waiting awhile to read. I also love that the other books series are out so that I don’t have to wait.  Sad, I know.



2) Withering Tights (Misadventures of Tallulah Casey, #1)- Louise Rennison.
This is another book I picked up on a whim at the library. I have seen a few reviews for this book and it looks like it could be interesting. I think it would make a good weekend read.




3) The Lifeguard- Deborah Blumenthal
Again thank you NetGalley for giving me this book to review. It does not come out until March of 2012 but I want to read it early. I’m thinking I will save this one for my trip to Vegas and read it on the plane. It will force me to concentrate and make notes.




4) Socrates Weeps as Plato Laughs- Leslie Bruce Irwin
Does a manuscript count as a book? I think it should so it’s getting added to my list. It is a little under 300 pages.  The catch line for it is A Social Political Fiction novel that’s fun to read. It sounds good. It is from a local author who approached the book club I am a member of and asked us to read it and let him know what he thought.

5) The Everafter- Amy Huntley
Another book I am so excited to read. Bargain find + awesome reviews.  I have read a few reviews raving about how amazing this book is plus finding it majorly discounted is not too bad either. This one is pretty short so I think I could probably read it pretty fast.



6) Firelight – Sophie Jordan
This one I bought awhile ago. I found it for my e-reader at a rock bottom price. After reading the reviews for it I still cannot understand why it was so cheap but that’s okay. It worked to my advantage. I still have not read this yet which is why I have added it to be TBR for November.  I think I will also save this one for Vegas. I’m hoping to read two books on my vacation.



7) Fragile Eternity- Melissa Marr
I’m going to be honest here. I did not enjoy Wickedly Lovely as much as I thought I would but this was on the bargain book self at Chapter’s so I bought the second one and decided to give the series another change.  I liked Ink Exchange a lot better than Wickedly Lovely.  It was more dark and twisty. I’m hoping the third one is more like the 2nd book.



8) 13 Little Blue Envelopes- Maureen Johnson
Good weekend read. Plus I also got the sequel for $3 so I figure I should get a move on and read this series.  It looks like a quick light read; I need one of those once in awhile.




9) Eragon- Christopher Paolini
There seems to be a lot of hype about the newest book so I thought why not to this one.  I don’t think I have ever read a book involving Dragons, besides Harry Potter so I think it will be different and something new to read about.



10) The Zahir- Paulo Coelho
My goal is to eventually read all his books. I own this one and have not read it yet. I want to because I love all of his books but this book seems to be always pushed to the side so I am going to try to read it this month.




What books are you reading in November? Do you have any suggestions for this month or next month?

No comments:

Post a Comment