Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday

Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, that spotlights upcoming releases that I am eagerly anticipating.
 This week's can't-wait-to-read is:
Title: The Future of Us
Author: Jay Asher & Carolyn Mackler
Format: Hardcover
Release Date: November 22, 2011
Series: No


Goodreads Summary:
It's 1996, and less than half of all American high school students have ever used the Internet.

Emma just got her first computer and an America Online CD-ROM.

Josh is her best friend. They power up and log on--and discover themselves on Facebook, fifteen years in the future.

Everybody wonders what their Destiny will be. Josh and Emma are about to find out.


There is thankfully not a long wait for this book to come out. It will be coming out on November 22 2011 and I have already told my boyfriend this is the book I want for my birthday.

I loved Asher’s first book Thirteen Reasons Why.  This book is nothing at all like his first book which intrigues me and I think he will be one of those authors who can write about anything and make it hanging on the edge of my seat.  I have never read anything by Mackler , but  according to the reviews I will want to after I read this book. I see no issue with this except for my TBR growing even longer.

There are a lot of futuristic books out but I have never read a book like this before and I am pretty excited to read it. The reference to Facebook is something most people can relate to as Facebook is used by millions of people on a daily basis. It does make me wonder what websites what websites will be popular in 15 years. Will it continue to be Facebook and Twitter or will something else come out that surpasses both of them?

No comments:

Post a Comment