Monday, November 21, 2011

Withering Tights- Louise Rennison


Title: Withering Tights
Author: Louise Rennison
Format: Hardcover
Source: Borrowed from the library
Rating: 3/5





Goodreads Summary:
Hilarious new series from Queen of Teen – laugh your tights off at the (VERY) amateur dramatic antics of Talullah and her bonkers mates. Boys, snogging and bad acting guaranteed!

Picture the scene: Dother Hall performing arts college somewhere Up North, surrounded by rolling dales, bearded cheesemaking villagers (male and female) and wildlife of the squirrely-type. On the whole, it’s not quite the showbiz experience Tallulah was expecting… but once her mates turn up and they start their ‘FAME! I’m gonna liiiiive foreeeeeever, I’m gonna fill my tiiiiights’ summer course things are bound to perk up. Especially when the boys arrive. (When DO the boys arrive?) Six weeks of parent-free freedom. BOY freedom. Freedom of expression... cos it’s the THEATRE dahling, theatre!!

Talluah Casey is an interesting character to say the least.  I felt this was a book for a younger audience, I could not relate to the characters which made me lack interest in the book. It was a quick read; I read it within a few hours.  I was unable to get a lot out of this book, I would recommend it for someone younger but I will not be reading the sequel. The writing style was quirky and interesting. I enjoyed how all of the characters interacted with each other.  I also enjoyed how Talluah was able to see through Cane and called him out on it.  This book did have some funny parts, such as when she is caught at the window and pretends to be cleaning.
Overall I gave it a 3/5. I enjoyed it enough to finish it but it’s not a series I would continue to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment