Wednesday, December 7, 2011

The Night Circus- Erin Morgenstern


Name: The Night Circus
Author: Erin Morgenstern
Format: E-Book
Source: Bought
Rating: 4/5









Goodreads Summary:

 The circus arrives without warning. No announcements precede it. It is simply there, when yesterday it was not. Within the black-and-white striped canvas tents is an utterly unique experience full of breathtaking amazement's. It is called Le Cirque des Rêves, and it is only open at night.

But behind the scenes, a fierce competition is underway—a duel between two young magicians, Celia and Marco, who have been trained since childhood expressly for this purpose by their mercurial instructors. Unbeknownst to them, this is a game in which only one can be left standing, and the circus is but the stage for a remarkable battle of imagination and will. Despite themselves, however, Celia and Marco tumble headfirst into love—a deep, magical love that makes the lights flicker and the room grow warm whenever they so much as brush hands.

True love or not, the game must play out, and the fates of everyone involved, from the cast of extraordinary circus per­formers to the patrons, hang in the balance, suspended as precariously as the daring acrobats overhead.

Written in rich, seductive prose, this spell-casting novel is a feast for the senses and the heart.


The Night Circus is phenomenal debut novel. The story is so well written that you feel you are in the story alongside the characters. I loved her descriptions of the unique and one of a kind Le Cirque des Reves.

Marco and Cecila were amazing characters. I loved the uniqueness of them that brought them together but also kept them apart. I got attached to most of the characters in this book, when something happened to them I felt like I was going through everything with them. You get so wrapped up in the book.

Bailey surprised me, I followed him but I didn't really take notice to him. I was surprised and pleased how entwined he was into the story and how much of a part he played. Widget and Poppet were hilarious. They made up the humour side of this book. The only character I was a little hesitant about was Isobel. I hated how Marco treated her but I also could not relate to her like I could with the other characters. I did however find I did not despise her because she was a mature character.

I find it is rare to enjoy everything about a book but this book was one of the rare ones. The cover is amazing, it gives you the visual to what Morgenstern is writing. The characters are fantastic, there was not one I wished was left out of the book. They all played a part. And of course the amazing plot, she was descriptive in a good way. I never wanted the book to end and there was no part I wanted to skim over.

This is a book that needs to be read multiple times in order to absorb everything in it. I will re-reading this book again and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment