Thursday, December 22, 2011

Shatter Me- Tahereh Mafi

Title: Shatter Me
Author: Tahereh Mafi
Format: Hardcover
Source: Borrowed from the library
Rating: 4/5















Goodreads Summary:

Juliette hasn't touched anyone in exactly 264 days.

The last time she did, it was an accident, but The Reestablishment locked her up for murder. No one knows why Juliette's touch is fatal. As long as she doesn't hurt anyone else, no one really cares. The world is too busy crumbling to pieces to pay attention to a 17-year-old girl. Diseases are destroying the population, food is hard to find, birds don't fly anymore, and the clouds are the wrong color.

The Reestablishment said their way was the only way to fix things, so they threw Juliette in a cell. Now so many people are dead that the survivors are whispering war-- and The Reestablishment has changed its mind. Maybe Juliette is more than a tortured soul stuffed into a poisonous body. Maybe she's exactly what they need right now.

Juliette has to make a choice: Be a weapon. Or be a warrior.

In this electrifying debut, Tahereh Mafi presents a world as riveting as The Hunger Games and a superhero story as thrilling as The X-Men. Full of pulse-pounding romance, intoxicating villainy, and high-stakes choices, Shatter Me is a fresh and original dystopian novel—with a paranormal twist—that will leave readers anxiously awaiting its sequel.


When can I have some more of Adam and Juliette? OMG amazing. Juliette's touch is fatal so she has been locked up by the Reestablishment. It is a mix of all the things I love in a book, suspense, romance and action. The writing style is unique too, it takes a bit of time to get used to the crossed out words but once you do it makes me look forward to them. To see what she really thought before she said it out loud.

Juliette was an interesting character for me. I liked her most of the time but when she was around Warner I got irritated. She seemed to forget that Adam was the one there for her and fell under Warner's spell. WHY?!? Ugh this bothered me so much. I hope she gets over whatever it is she thinks of Warner. Anyways that was my rant about Juliette. I feel better now.

Warner is another character I cannot figure out if I like him or hate him. He does stuff that makes me think he's a terrible person but then he seems to soften a little and I feel sympathetic towards him. His obsession with Juliette is insane. He wants her as a trophy, but in a way I think he truly cares for her and keeping her with him is the only way he knows how to express his feelings for her.

Adam can you leave Juliette and come live with me, please? He is so amazing. Awesome character, my favourite in the entire book. I hope he wins the girl and everything works out for him. He deserves it.

Overall, I really liked it. It was a quick read, I finished in two sittings. I want to read the sequel. I love where Tahereh left it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment