Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday

TTT is hosted by Jamie over at The Broke and the Bookish.

This week’s Top Ten Tuesday is the best series I discovered in 2011. There was a lot so I had to narrow it down. I am going to apologize ahead of time and say I did get a little ranty in some of them but they are all amazing so I hope you read each one if you have not already.

1) Shade Series- Jeri Smith- Ready
Why I waited so long to be sucked into this amazing series I do not know. I am so glad I got into it though.  WOW.  It is spectacular from start to finish.
2) Divergent- Veronica Roth
So far there are three book expected for this series, with the second coming out in 2012. In a way it is like the Hunger Games, I found the theme to be similar but I actually enjoyed this more than the Hunger Games.  
3) 13 to life    
I am in love with Werewolves. I fell in love with them all over again in this series.  It gives werewolves a whole new twist. The 5th book in this series is coming out in 2012.
4) The Chemical Garden Series- Lauren DeStefano
OMG so amazingly good, if you have not read Wither do it now because your life will be changed by this awesome book.  I am dying to read the second one Fever, I have already ordered it because I am that excited to read it. There are currently three books expected for this series.
5) Firelight- Sophie Jordan
I’m going for honest here, I loved the first one more than the second one, but how the second one was left I am expecting great things from Hidden, the third book in this series which is expected out in September 2012.
6) Outlander series- Diana Gabaldon
I read a lot of YA in 2011, but this was one of the adult series I really got into. The first book in this series came out in 1991 so it is not a new series; it is just a series that has continued to be popular. The first book left me on a cliff hanger that I am terrified to start the second book because I am afraid I will not be able to put it down. Read and you will understand. There are currently seven books in this series.
7) Jessica Darling
Laugh out loud funny, I love Jessica Darling. This is another adult series that I think most people could get into. I do forewarn to not read in public because I discovered if you laugh out loud, people will look at you strangely and really there is not enough time in the day to explain how amazing this series is. There are currently five books in this series and I hope more to come.
8) Mara Dyer- Michelle Hodkin
Oh Noah, you make me swoon and want to read more about you.  I am dying for book number two. This is not a book you can ease yourself into, it is hard stopping amazing. If you have not read this I suggest you run immediately and get a copy of it. You are missing out on so much greatness. There are currently two books expected for this series.
9) Daughter of Smoke and Bone
Before I get started I have to admit I was not going to read this book at first. I read the summary and I was not interested. I kept reading on blogs how amazing this was so I finally ordered it and proceeded to devour it. I am not making up for my scepticism by letting everyone know how fabulous this is and if you have not read it go forth and buy it or borrow it from a friend. There are currently two books expected for this series.
10) The Flappers- Jillian Larkin
This series is a historical fiction about the 1920’s including gangsters and flappers. If you are not hooked, wait until you read the series.  It is amazing; I cannot wait for Diva to come out in 2012. There is currently three books in this series, personally I want a million but I don’t think I am going to get my wish. Sadness.

What series did you fall in love with in 2012?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment