Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday- Why We Broke Up.

Title: Why We Broke Up

Author: Daniel Handler

Format: Hardcover

Series: No

Release Date: December 27, 2011











I'm telling you why we broke up, Ed. I'm writing it in this letter, the whole truth of why it happened.

Min Green and Ed Slaterton are breaking up, so Min is writing Ed a letter and giving him a box. Inside the box is why they broke up. Two bottle caps, a movie ticket, a folded note, a box of matches, a protractor, books, a toy truck, a pair of ugly earrings, a comb from a motel room, and every other item collected over the course of a giddy, intimate, heartbreaking relationship. Item after item is illustrated and accounted for, and then the box, like a girlfriend, will be dumped.


I have already ordered this one from the library. I want to read it because I want to know why Min is breaking up with Ed. Min gives Ed a letter and a box with items collected over the course of their relationship. It sounds interesting.

I have seen some pretty mixed reviews on this so I am a little skeptical, but I know I still want to read it, I like to read reviews, but I still like to give a book a chance, even if it did not get the best reviews. However, I will not go out and buy this one. The reviews have kept me so far from picking it up.

Has anyone else read this book?  If you have, please a comment below and let me know what you though. Is it worth reading or should I not read it at all?

No comments:

Post a Comment