Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Amplified- Tara Kelly

Title: Amplified

Author: Tara Kelly

Source: Borrowed

Series No

Rating: 4/5

When privileged 17-year-old Jasmine gets kicked out of her house, she takes what is left of her savings and flees to Santa Cruz to pursue her dream of becoming a musician. Jasmine finds the ideal room in an oceanfront house, but she needs to convince the three guys living there that she's the perfect roommate and lead guitarist for their band, C-Side. Too bad she has major stage fright and the cute bassist doesn't think a spoiled girl from over the hill can hack it. . .

In this fresh new novel by critically acclaimed author Tara Kelly, Jasmine finds out what happens when her life gets Amplified.


Amplified starts with Jasmine’s dad kicking her out of the house after she defers her acceptance to Sanford in order to take a year off to follow her music passion. Alone with no place to go, she must find a place to stay and a job. She finds a wanted ad for a roommate and a guitarist; she decides to take her chances.

I picked this one up on a complete whim. I seen it at the library and decided to try it out. It did not disappoint. I love how involved all the characters in the band were with music, to them this was not a garage band they all put their heart and souls into the music.

I loved the dynamics of all the relationships.  There was such a variety and Jasmine’s back story was not at all what I expected.  I loved how all the characters were interwoven into the story, it flowed perfectly. I loved the pace, it slowed at parts but there were no parts where I felt myself skimming.  This is a pretty quick read; I finished it in an afternoon.

This book is beautiful written, there is no other way to describe it. I loved the music notes at the beginning of every chapter.

No comments:

Post a Comment