Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Cold Kiss- Amy Garvey

Title: Cold Kiss
Author: Amy Garvey
Source: Bought new
Series: Yes
Rating: 3/5














It was a beautiful, warm summer day, the day Danny died.

Suddenly Wren was alone and shattered. In a heartbroken fury, armed with dark incantations and a secret power, Wren decides that what she wants--what she "must" do--is to bring Danny back.

But the Danny who returns is just a shell of the boy Wren fell in love with. His touch is icy; his skin, smooth and stiff as marble; his chest, cruelly silent when Wren rests her head against it.

Wren must keep Danny a secret, hiding him away, visiting him at night, while her life slowly unravels around her. Then Gabriel DeMarnes transfers to her school, and Wren realizes that somehow, inexplicably, he can sense the powers that lie within her--and that he knows what she has done. And now Gabriel wants to help make things right.

But Wren alone has to undo what she has wrought--even if it means breaking her heart all over again.


Danny was Wren's first love and when she loses him in a car crash her life is thrown upside down and she feels so alone. She convinces herself she needs to find a way to bring Danny back and she does but now Danny is not the boy she fell in love with. He is no longer warm and full of life. Wren attempts to hide him in the loft of her neighbour's garage but her life starts spinning out of control then Gabriel comes into her life. He can sense the power within her and he seems to know what she did and he wants her to send Denny back.

Wren and Danny are that couple your envious of because they are so perfectly fit together. When Wren loses Denny she does not know how to cope. She pushes her friends and family away. I did feel for her in the beginning but as the story progressed I started to see how selfish she was. Danny is completely confused, he has no idea that he is dead. The Danny in the flash backs is so sweet and kind and it's sad to see this shell of him and I was angry at Wren for doing that to him. I also felt bad for Gabriel because he tried to help Wren but she would push him away constantly or send him mixed messages. Wren's mom was not always the most helpful either, she kept a lot of things a secret from Wren and her sister.

The plot was good, I liked the story and I could relate. When you lose someone you love it is hard to let go. I know I have felt that way before. I had a lot of mixed feelings about this book, I felt disconnected from the characters and the story throughout the second half of the novel. The ending answered my questions but I still feel like I was hung up on the middle. Overall I enjoyed the plot but not the main character in particular. I hoped to get more out of this book than I did. I still gave it a 3/5 because it was good but just not as good as I first hoped.

No comments:

Post a Comment