Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Scarlet- Marissa Meyer


Title: Scarlet
Author: Marissa Meyer
Source: From the publisher
Series: Yes
Rating: 5/5













Cinder returns in the second thrilling installment of the New York Times-bestselling Lunar Chronicles. She’s trying to break out of prison—even though if she succeeds, she’ll be the Commonwealth’s most wanted fugitive.

Halfway around the world, Scarlet Benoit’s grandmother is missing. It turns out there are many things Scarlet doesn’t know about her grandmother and the grave danger she has lived in her whole life. When Scarlet encounters Wolf, a street fighter who may have information as to her grandmother’s whereabouts, she has no choice but to trust him, though he clearly has a few dark secrets of his own.

As Scarlet and Wolf work to unravel one mystery, they find another when they cross paths with Cinder. Together, they must stay one step ahead of the vicious Lunar Queen who will do anything to make Prince Kai her husband, her king, her prisoner.


This review contains spoilers if you have not read Cinder which I suggest you do immediately since it is amazing, 

I am going to confess this right now. I liked this more than Cinder. This never happens. I normally love the first book the most but for whatever reason this book has decided to make me break the trend. This series just gets better and better. Amazing.

Scarlet is on the hunt for her grandmother who has gone missing. She tries talking to the police but they think her grandmother has committed suicide or has taken off for good and was not kidnapped. As Scarlet is preparing to start her search she meets a boy named Wolf who offers to help her find her grandmother. As Scarlet and Wolf are searching for her grandmother there path crosses with Cinder. I missed Cinder and Kai but most of all Iko. I am so glad she is back. 

Scarlet has a short fuse and loses her temper easily. She is very mistrusting of Wolf but slowly they start to trust each other and there is some romance involved. Cinder is stuck in jail trying to figure out how she can escape and help Kai. Queen Levana is still threatening to invade earth if Kai refuses to marry her or if she cannot execute Cinder. There was not much from Kai this book which made me a little sad but the ending did not leave me being his biggest fan. 

The story mostly revolves around Scarlet and Wolf but Cinder make an appearance and the story of her continues. Kai makes the occasional appearance but not as much as I wanted. I miss him. Queen Levana reveals a little more of her past which I hope will be revealed further in future books.

I cannot state enough how amazing this book was. Cinder fans will be swept off there feet. It is just so good.  I need the third book.

1 comment:

  1. I love reading posts with such a fresh point of view on this interesting topic.

    ReplyDelete