Thursday, March 7, 2013

Discussion Post: Re-reads

This is a question I am always curious to find out the answer to. I personally feel like I do not do this enough. I feel guilty if I re-read a book because I feel like I should be reading the unread books on my shelf (I have a lot) but I also feel guilty if I loved a book and bought it and I never pick it up again.

I used to re-reads a lot more but since I started blogging I can only think of two books of the top of my head that I have re-read. The first being Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor to prepare myself for Days of Blood and Starlight and I just finished re-reading Shatter me by Tahereh Mafi.  I feel like I have discovered so many great books and I want to read them all but then I don't have time for my old favorites.

I am trying to find a balance between new and re-reads.  I tried to read a re-read a month last year and failed epically. I am trying again this year but I have done horrible in the two first months so I put two re-read in this month to try to get caught up. I hope to add another re-read to my TBR next month.

Am I the only person who feels this way? Please let me know and if you have a method to balance please share it so I can try it out and see if I can find a better balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment