Thursday, May 9, 2013

Clash- Nicole Williams


Title: Clash
Author: Nicole Williams
Source: Bought new (Kindle)
Series: Yes
Rating: 5/5




 
 
 
 

Goodreads Summary:
 
The only easy thing about Jude and Lucy’s relationship is their love for one another. Everything else is hard.

Especially when it comes to reining in Jude’s trigger touch temper and Lucy’s increasing jealousy of Jude’s Spirit Sister on the cheer squad who’s attached herself to him in just about every way a girl could. Feeling the stress of trying to hang on to her quintessential bad boy while becoming the foremost dancer in her class, Lucy knows something’s going to break. She wants both. She needs both. But if she doesn’t make a choice, she risks losing everything.


I was having a bad day and I mean like an over the top horrible day so I needed something sweet and frustrating. This book fits the bill perfectly. It starts off where Crash left off. Lucy and Jude are still fighting to keep there relationship, like any other couple they fight and make up. Lucy and Jude are working on there trust issues with each other but they still do not trust each other completely.

Jude is a lot more stable than he was in the first book but his flashes on anger and jealousy still rears it's ugly head up and makes his relationship with Lucy strained. I appreciate how hard he was trying and I felt at times Lucy was not giving him the credit he deserved. Granted I understood her reaction to Adriana Vix. She is a complete manipulative cow. However, she did not cut him any slack and hurt him repetitively. I wanted to shake her and make her realize what she was doing to him.  Sometimes I feel like there relationship was like a train wreck, you know it's going to crash and be devastating but you can't stop looking. India was back and I was glad she was. She is hilarious and she makes Lucy stop and think when she has her blinders on. I also give her points for sticking up for Jude when he needs someone on his side.

The story continues on where the first one left off, but know Lucy and Jude are in college. They are five hours apart and the strain this causes is noticeable. They are both trying to see each other as much as possible. Lucy is concentrating on her dancing and Jude is still the star of the football team. I have to warn you, the ending will leave you wanting, begging for the next book. I made the mistake of reading a synopsis of the next book that gave away the ending for this one. I still loved it and highlight a ton in this book but I really wish I did not know how it would end going in because it would have been sweeter.

I loved this book and I can honestly say I liked it more than the first one, Lucy and Jude are a realistic couple, they are struggling to keep there relationship together. They both know love is not enough and they are trying there best to stay a float. They made me laugh and sad all at the same time and I hope I feel that way about the third book. It was a 5/5 read for me. I devoured it within a few hours.


No comments:

Post a Comment