Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Zom-B- Darren Shan

Title: Zom-B
Author: Darren Shan
Source: Bought used
Series: Yes
Rating: 2/5








Goodreads Summary:

At first no one believes the images on YouTube are real: zombies devastating Ireland, leaving villages in ruins and mutilated corpses in their wake. Teenager "B Smith" is far more concerned with surviving high school and a volatile home life than an invasion of hungry zombies. But as the carnage spreads across the U.K., B must face a horrifying prospect. While a lucky few may outrun the zombies, many will fall... and some will be forced to join the army of the undead.

I have heard a lot of good things about Darren Chan so I decided to give one of his books a try. Unfortunately, it was disappointing.

The main character is B who is a girl which came as a surprise because of how the character was portrayed. Her father is abusive to her and her mother and is a racist. B is also a bully and a racist even thought she tries to tell herself something different. I was not a fan of any of the characters. I thought B was a terrible character. She was very racist and it was hard to get past that and try to get into the story. The zombies are talked about in the beginning of the novel but they do not really make an appearance in the story until the second half of the novel.

I like the premise of this novel but the plot and the characters fell flat for me. I do not think I will continue with this series and I will pass my copy along as it just was not for me. I may give Darren Chan another chance and see if I change my opinion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment