Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Halloween Themed Reads

These are some books that I have read that I think would make perfect, creepy Halloween reads. I know it is still September, but with me personally I need to plan ahead what I want to read so I thought I would post this a little early.

Also I do not read a lot of creepy books, even thought I do like the genre so this is going to be a pretty short and sporadic list. Please leave any recommendations you have more me below.

Cain's Blood by Geoffrey Giard. I just finished this on the weekend and I really liked it but it is creepy and very dark. This is a book for a mature audience.

Night Film by Marisha Pessl. This is another creepy, dark read. This one is also for a more mature audience.

The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman. This is my favorite Gaiman book that I have read so far. It is listed as a middlegrade book but it has beautiful writing and it has a fair amount of creep factor in it.

Dracula by Bram Stroker. A classic, but is so creepy and fantastic. If you have not read it I suggest you do.

Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice. This makes the list of my favorite vampire books, and really this entire series that I have read so far is excellent. I like them the more I read.

No comments:

Post a Comment