Sunday, March 8, 2015

Reading Multiple Books

Reading more than one book at a time is a new development for me. I used to strictly be a one book at a time person, but lately I have been juggling two, even three books at a time. 

I have been trying to have an audiobook on my phone at all times that way when I have a few minutes I can listen instead of sitting in silence. 

I started a new part of my job recently where I am answering emails which is sometimes for a few hours or my entire day and without listening to anything I find I can't concentrate and get easily distracted so I started utilizing my library's audiobook collection. I have used OverDrive before, but not on a regular basis and recently I discovered how silly I was not to do this. I never realized how much reading time I was missing out on. I listen to books while I am getting ready for work and on my commute to work then at work I can finish an entire book sometimes which is awesome. 

Concentration on more than one book has always been an issue for me but I find now I can differentiate from each story and I enjoy it. My library has an extensive collection of audiobooks which are completely free and ready to borrow at any time. I have been downloading books I own at home that I want to read but are not on my immediate TBR and listening to them. This has been making clear off my shelf a lot faster than I normally would and I am really enjoying being able to do this. I've read books I did not think I would ever get to and I am so proud that I can now move these books to my read shelves.

Do you enjoy reading more than one book at a time? Do you like audiobooks? Let me know.


No comments:

Post a Comment